All who are led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons and daughters. 15 You didn’t receive a spirit of slavery to lead you back again into fear, but you received a Spirit that shows you are adopted as his children. With this Spirit, we cry, “ Abba, Father. ” 16 The same Spirit agrees with our spirit, that we are God’s children. 17 But if we are children, we are also heirs. We are God’s heirs and fellow heirs with Christ, if we really suffer with him so that we can also be glorified with him.
Brain research tells us that a child who has never known love, cannot love. Likewise, faith cannot be taught, it has to be "caught." In order for a child to have faith, he or she must see that faith modeled. Modeling faith includes both words and actions. Children must hear faith stories and see how faith impacts their lives. Children must see faith in action.
This book by Marjorie Suchocki provides teachers and parents with the appropriate words to talk about God and about Jesus in language that the children (and adults) can easily understand:
• God is the Creator.
• God is with us in good times and bad times.
• God's presence is spiritual and we see God though the effects that God has on the world.
• God transforms us and because of this transformation, we can be agents of transformation in others.
• God wants us to be in relationship and we do this through prayer.
• Through the Bible we discover who God is and how God wants us to live.
• We see God through Jesus.
Read a review of this product.