Beginnings: Longing to Belong is a ten-week study that explores the importance of community in the Christian faith, using fire as its central metaphor. The study can be used as part of the Beginnings series or as a stand-alone program.
Planning kit contents (one copy of each):
- DVD with 10 weekly sessions (20 minutes each)
- Participant’s Guide with Bible references, discussion questions, and activities
- Around the Fire: A Participant’s Companion with in-depth content
- Small-Group Leader’s Guide with session plans, questions, and activities
- Director’s Manual with instructions for planning and training, tips on outreach and promotion, reproducibles, and more
- Longing to Belong?
- How Do We Find Our Place?
- What Are We Hungry For?
- What Happens When We Pray Together?
- What’s the Deal With Miracles?
Signs and Wonders
- What Do We Have in Common?
- How Can We Remember Who We Are?
- How Can We Open Our Lives to Each Other?
- How Can We Get Along When We Are So Different?
- How Do We Share What We Have Discovered?
Each session begins with a meal, at church or in a home, at which participants get to know each other and begin to build community. Participants then view a 20-minute video presentation on DVD, in which Rob Weber explores the week’s topic through story and Scripture. After the video, participants break into groups of ten to twelve to discuss and share, study Scripture, and grow in depth of experience through the small group.
Beginnings: Longing to Belong is the third installment in the Beginnings study series, which includes:
-Beginnings: An Introduction to Christian Faith
-Beginnings: The Spiritual Life
-Beginnings: Longing to Belong