A Business Week Best-Seller...Over 140,000 Copies Sold
"An exciting exposition of numerous ideas on leadership that can nourish the reader spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally. The book is richer for its contributions from diverse leadership thinkers--academics, consultants, and practitioners.... It can offer a challenge to the reader wishing to become more like the leaders whom these numerous authors profile."
--Academy of Management Executive
"The Leader of the Future is a thought-provoking collection of essays that gets readers up to speed on the most important trends facing today's leaders. It's a one-stop shopping guide that shows how leaders can be successful."
--Training & Development
The Leader of the Future offers cutting-edge essays that directly address the future quality of businesses, organizations, and communities--and the leadership required not just to survive, but to thrive. Acclaimed authors, world-renowned consultants, and respected executives present their special perspectives on leadership and a compelling glimpse into the future. This best-selling collection demonstrates:
- How leaders motivate by turning the organizational pyramid upside down
- How partnering has become a primary skill of world-class leaders
- How leaders of the next millennium can create an organizational culture based on principles
- How leaders emerge--independent of official rank or status--from organizations that nurture dispersed authority
- How to inspire hope and purpose in those who want direction and wish to contribute
Peter F. Drucker, Charles Handy, Sally Helgesen, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Stephen R. Covey, and many other greatthinkers share their visions of tomorrow's leader--as different and commanding as their individual records of success--and each powerfully relevant to the future of business, government, and the nonprofit sector.