The most basic advise for building a passion-driven youth choir is: Give them something they cannot get anywhere else; and It's all about: music, people, and God.
- Written by an author who has proven the passion driven approach works (Director of Music, Worship, and Other Arts,St. James United Methodist, Little Rock, Arkansas; former Minister of Music, Brentwood United Methodist, Brentwood, Tennessee)
- Includes development of the 4 stages of a youth choir member (attending, involved, committed, leader) and how directors can use the gifts of each of these stages to develop a youth choir throughout the year
- Basic information about the social and physical development of teenagers and how to relate to them as an adult leader
- Develops the six principles the author believes are the building blocks to a great youth choir
- Includes practical tips on topics such as how to develop a choir rehearsal plan for youth choirs, development of youth choir retreats & tours; gives suggestions of creative ways to make each tour unique through worship and connection to the church through prayer
- Discusses director "brown out" and suggests 10 ways to stop the process of "brown out" before it becomes "burn out