Therefore, brothers and sisters, you must be patient as you wait for the coming of the Lord.
7 Therefore, brothers and sisters, you must be patient as you wait for the coming of the Lord. Consider the farmer who waits patiently for the coming of rain in the fall and spring, looking forward to the precious fruit of the earth. 8 You also must wait patiently, strengthening your resolve, because the coming of the Lord is near. 9 Don’t complain about each other, brothers and sisters, so that you won’t be judged. Look! The judge is standing at the door!
10 Brothers and sisters, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord as an example of patient resolve and steadfastness.
Volume X: Acts; Introduction to Epistolary Literature; Romans; 1 Corinthians. Volume X contains an excellent Introduction to Epistolary Literature, plus comments on the New Testament books of Acts, Romans, and 1 Corinthians.
• Easy-to-use format—detailed, critical Commentary and Reflections (a detailed exposition growing directly out of the Commentary)
• Coverage of the entire Bible in twelve volumes
• Includes the Apocryphal/ Deuterocanonical books
• New material specifically prepared to meet the needs of today’s preachers, teachers, and students of the Bible
• The biblical text is divided into coherent and natural units
• The ecumenical roster of contributors includes top scholars and emerging new voices
• Contributors draw upon a variety of approaches
• Numerous visual aids (illustrations, maps, charts, timelines) enhance understanding and ease of use
• Introductions to each biblical book cover essential historical, literary, sociocultural, and theological issues
• The full texts and critical notes of the New International Version® and the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible are presented in parallel columns for quick reference and comparison.
Download The NIB Vol. 10 Errata Sheet
CD-ROM Version for the full Twelve Volumes is also available. Click here for more details.