PAUL IN ASIA MINOR This volume of the Life and Letters of Paul series, Paul in Asia Minor, has eight chapters covering the books of Philemon, Colossians, and Ephesians.
- Christian Family Matters (Philemon)
- New Age Religion (Colossians 1)
- True Life in Christ (Colossians 2)
- God's Chosen Ones (Colossians 3-4)
- Christ Universal (Ephesians 1)
- No Longer Strangers and Aliens (Ephesians 2-3)
- The Old Life and the New (Ephesians 4-5)
- The Household of God (Ephesians 6)
The text makes use of historical, geographical, archeological, and anthropological information to help the reader understand the cultural, political, and religious context of Asia Minor. It examines, for example, the institution of slavery (Philemon), non-Christian religious beliefs prevalent in Asia Minor that would influence Christian converts (Colossians and Ephesians), ethical systems and "lists" of vices and virtues from non-Christian philosophies (Colossians and Ephesians), and household responsibilities (Ephesians). Paul has used his extensive knowledge of the religions and culture of Asia Minor to persuade and win persons to Christ.
To see another group study offered by Cokesbury, go to the Adult Bible Studies website.