Therefore, brothers and sisters, you must be patient as you wait for the coming of the Lord.
7 Therefore, brothers and sisters, you must be patient as you wait for the coming of the Lord. Consider the farmer who waits patiently for the coming of rain in the fall and spring, looking forward to the precious fruit of the earth. 8 You also must wait patiently, strengthening your resolve, because the coming of the Lord is near. 9 Don’t complain about each other, brothers and sisters, so that you won’t be judged. Look! The judge is standing at the door!
10 Brothers and sisters, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord as an example of patient resolve and steadfastness.
Slick and splashy, this colorful 24-page On the Go Student Tween Magazine engages young people with timely, thought-provoking articles.
• 24 fun-filled pages cover 13 Bible-based sessions and activities designed just for tweens ages 11 and up
• Provides a complete overview of the Bible in just one year
• Interesting articles and thought-provoking questions written to challenge, entertain, and engage tween minds
• Connects with tweens’ faith development through age-appropriate lessons about the Bible and its meaning, while emphasizing a relationship with God through Jesus Christ
• Developed for Sunday morning use but can also stand alone as an outreach tool to tweens
• Uses a variety of learning styles and various skill sets to ensure all tweens can be reached in ways that are meaningful to them
Themes - Fall
Unit 1: The Bible Is About...
Session 1: Creation (made in God's image)
Session 2: Trusting God (Noah and the Flood)
Session 3: Keeping Promises (God's covenant with Abraham and Sarah)
Session 4: Meeting Challenges (Jacob wrestles with God)
Session 5: Using Our Talents (Joseph interprets dreams)
Unit 2: The Bible Is About . . .
Session 6: God Providing (the people wander)
Session 7: Working Together (the walls of Jericho)
Session 8: Being Called By God (Samuel's call)
Session 9: Discerning God's Will (the anointing of Saul)
Unit 3: The Bible Is About...
Session 10: Being anointed By God (the anointing of David)
Session 11: Worshiping God (Solomon builds the Temple)
Session 12: Living Faithfully (Hezekiah rules Judah)
Session 13: God's Faithfulness (Jerusalem is destroyed)
Need help selecting the appropriate Curriculum Resource?Be sure to check out our Curriculum Finder to help you find the right resources for your group.