The Christmas Shoppe is a special place where you come to explore the story and the symbols of Jesus’ birth. Time in The Christmas Shoppe is spent exploring the Bible, making symbols of Advent as special gifts, and preparing for a presentation of the story of the birth of Christ our Savior.
While in the shop children of all ages will:
• Begin with a large group Advent worship.
• Divide into age-level groupings that will explore one important section of the “shoppe.”
• Serve others by creating gifts for those whose hearts and lives may need special attention.
• Prepare to be part of the presentation of the Christmas story.
Included will be an intergenerational worship that includes the presentation of the Christmas story and suggestions for making The Christmas Shoppe a one-day event.
The 112 page leader’s guide includes:
• 4-weeks of lesson plans
• Reproducible patterns
• Christmas presentation script
• CD-ROM with music, Powerpoints®, patterns, and scripts
Symbols: manger, star, angel, and shepherds staff.