All who are led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons and daughters. 15 You didn’t receive a spirit of slavery to lead you back again into fear, but you received a Spirit that shows you are adopted as his children. With this Spirit, we cry, “ Abba, Father. ” 16 The same Spirit agrees with our spirit, that we are God’s children. 17 But if we are children, we are also heirs. We are God’s heirs and fellow heirs with Christ, if we really suffer with him so that we can also be glorified with him.
This study is an addition to the author’s popular “Back Side” books.
J. Ellsworth Kalas presents new insight into twelve of Jesus’ parables by entering them through a unique starting point, a creative retelling, a new “lens,” or the eyes of a minor or unsympathetic character.
1. The Value of the House--Matthew 7:24-27
2. The Man Who Talked with His Soul--Luke 12:13-21
3. What Chance Does an Average Sinner Have?--Luke 7:36-48
4. The Importance of Downward Mobility--Luke 14:7-11
5. The Danger of Being Good and Empty--Matthew 12:43-45
6. Risky business--Matthew 13:45-46
7. Miracles Can Be Overrated--Luke 16:19-31
8. Second Chance for a Poor Manager--Luke 16:1-13
9. A Laugh and a Prayer--Luke 11:5-13, 18:1-8
10. It Happens While We Sleep--Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
11. The Importance of Being Dressed for the Party--Matthew 22:1-14
12. The Genius of Effective Waiting--Luke 12:32-40