Every one of us has the capacity for joy, but many forces in our lives keep us from enjoying this contented and healthy state of being. When our resilience is depleted, we find it difficult to adapt to change, face challenges, and deal with the ups and downs life brings. If your natural resilience has been consumed by stress or depression, you can reclaim it with the resilience-building program in "The Chemistry of Joy Workbook." Through the questionnaires, exercises, and practices in this guide, you'll explore the nine pathways to restoring mood, regaining balance, and rediscovering your capacity for joy.
Reclaim your joy by:
- Balancing your body with proper nutrition and principles from ayurvedic medicine
- Settling your mind with mindfulness practices
- Skillfully managing "emotional tsunamis"
- Finding the right medications and supplements
- Tapping into the wisdom, generosity, and openness that lie within
- Building your self-acceptance and connection with others
"Depressed? Anxious? Before you reach for a prescription, reach for "The Chemistry of Joy Workbook."... This book is the answer and I highly recommend it "
--Christiane Northrup, MD, author of "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom"
"Grounded in science, eminently practical, focused on the positive, and full of heart, this is a great resource for feeling better."
--Rick Hanson, PhD, author of "Buddha's Brain" and "Just One Thing"