Love your work, work for what you love, and change the world--all at the same time.
What most matters to you? Should you focus on earning a living, pursuing your passions, or devoting yourself to the causes that inspire you? The surprising truth is that you don't have to choose--and that you'll find more success if you don't. That's the breakthrough message of TOMS' One for One movement. You don't have to be rich to give back. You don't have to retire to spend every day doing what you love. You can find profit, passion, and meaning all at once--"right now."
In "Start Something That Matters, "Blake Mycoskie tells the story of founding TOMS, one of the fastest-growing young companies in the world, and combines it with lessons learned from such innovative organizations as Zappos, charity: water, FEED Projects, method, and TerraCycle, among others. Blake presents the six simple keys for creating or transforming your own life and business, from discovering your core story to being resourceful without resources; from overcoming fear and doubt to incorporating giving into every aspect of your life. And in the spirit of One for One, with every book you purchase, a new book will be provided to a child in need.
"Start Something That Matters" is the inspiring story of a movement, a manifesto for the next stage of American business, and a blueprint for the new generation of entrepreneurs who want to live a meaningful and successful life.
Why this book is for you:
- You're ready to make a difference in the world--through your own start-up business, a not-for-profit organization, or a new project you create within your current job.
- You want to do the things you love, serve people in need, and create a meaningful career--"all at the same time."
- You're inspired by organizations like charity: water, FEED Projects, and Zappos and want to know how "you too" can give back in extraordinary ways.
- You're curious how someone who never made a pair of shoes, attended fashion school, or worked in retail created one of the fasting growing footwear companies in the world by "giving" away shoes.
- You're looking for a new model of success to share with your children, students, co-workers, and members of your faith-based community.
You're ready to start something that matters.